Project at club in Fort Myers, Fla., is expected to take 9 months to complete
Fort Myers, Fla. (May 6, 2020) – Colonial Country Club in Fort Myers, Fla. has broken ground on a $6.5 million clubhouse renovation and enhancement project. The project, which is expected to take approximately nine months to complete, will expand the functionality of the clubhouse, create more flexible open space and elevate the member dining experience. Three years of planning, resident surveys and a series of town hall discussions occurred prior to construction beginning.
Naples, Florida-based MHK Architecture and Planning is the design firm used for the project, while Wright Construction Group of Fort Myers is the contractor. Highlights of the project include:
- Refresh of the external and internal appearance of the 16 year-old facility
- Addition of 1,800 square feet of dining space, creates additional capacity
- 1,500 square feet of external dining space will be added and will provide beautiful views of the golf course
- Design gives the feeling of bringing the outside in
- Bar area will open to main dining room
- New indoor/outdoor bar and dining area will be created with the addition of nano walls to provide flexibility to dine al fresco or indoors
- Additional breakout rooms/event space and a new media room will be added
- Increase the size and layout of kitchen to expand storage and productivity
- A new employee breakroom will be added, plus refreshed administrative offices
- Décor will be updated to create a fresh new look
- Member relations area will be expanded at the front entrance to the clubhouse to provide a warm welcome to members
“We’re excited to finally get this project in motion,” said Jim Karafa, General Manager, Colonial Country Club. “When completed, the renovation will create a fantastic and welcoming environment for our members at the same time expanding capacity in the clubhouse, additional multi-function meeting space and elevating our food and beverage offerings.”
Colonial’s clubhouse originally opened in 2004. In 2014, the clubhouse underwent a renovation aimed at enhancing and updating the overall look. In 2015, an exterior, open-air patio area was added to the clubhouse to enhance member events, weddings and casual dining.
Colonial Country Club is a full-service club and gated bundled community in Southwest Florida. The club’s 18-hole golf course was designed by Gordon Lewis and is supported by an award winning Golf Shop while the tennis program features eight Har-Tru tennis courts, eight pickle ball courts, two bocce courts and a full-service Tennis Shop. Colonial Country Club members also enjoy two resort-style swimming pools and Jacuzzis, a large deck area for sunning and lounging, a poolside snack bar, and an indoor fitness and community center with state-of-the-art equipment, aerobics room, private massage rooms, a meeting room, book exchange library and a business center.
For more information on Colonial Country Club, visit www.colonialgolfclub.com or call (239) 768-9421.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., Troon is the world’s largest golf management company providing services at 440-plus locations around the globe, including managing 485-plus 18-hole equivalent golf courses. In addition to golf, Troon specializes in homeowner association management, private residence clubs, estate management and associated hospitality venues. Troon’s award-winning food and beverage division operates and manages more than 400 food and beverage operations located at golf resorts, private clubs, daily fee golf courses and recreational facilities. With properties located in 43 states and 31 countries, Troon’s family of brands includes Troon Golf, Troon Privé, Troon International, Honours Golf, OB Sports, Green Golf Partners, CADDIEMASTER, True Club Solutions, Cliff Drysdale Tennis and RealFood Hospitality, Strategy and Design. There are currently 67 Troon-affiliated properties featuring 87 golf courses on national and international “Top 100” rankings. Troon-affiliated properties include The Club at Hammock Beach in Palm Coast, Florida; Pronghorn in Bend, Oregon; Mauna Lani on the Kohala Coast, Hawai‘i; Bahia Beach Resort & Golf Club in Rio Grande, Puerto Rico; and Brookwater Golf & Country Club in Brisbane, Queensland Australia. For additional news and information, visit www.Troon.com.