Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort becomes the first resort on Hilton Head Island, in South Carolina and in the entire southeast to introduce Toptracer Range Technology, allowing guests to compete against friends, play virtual courses and receive instant shot feedback. Transformation of resort’s Robert Trent Jones driving range and practice facility expected to debut in March
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC (February 2021) — Remaining on the cusp of golf technology, Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort on Hilton Head Island, S.C., has partnered with Toptracer Range to complete an exciting upgrade of the resort’s Robert Trent Jones practice range and learning center.
Palmetto Dunes guests will soon be able to experience interactive golf entertainment, following the resort’s transformation of its RTJ driving range into a facility powered by Toptracer Range technology (www.toptracer.com).
The new facility will feature 15 covered, outdoor bays with high-speed cameras, TV monitors, technology and games. Casual seating, drinks and food service will be available during specific times of day.
From Hilton Head Island to Arizona to Abu Dhabi, the most popular ball tracer in the world is revolutionizing the game of golf and transforming the everyday driving range experience. With Toptracer Range, guests can compete against friends, play virtual courses and receive instant shot feedback on interactive game screens.
Toptracer Range technology uses high speed cameras, coupled with sophisticated computer algorithms, to provide instantaneous ball tracking information to guests using the range.
“We view the strategic partnership as a way to continue Palmetto Dunes’ already robust programming aimed at growing the game, improving golfer’s games and developing new golfers,” says Brad Marra, Chief Operating Officer for Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort. “We think Toptracer is the next step in embracing the newest technology and providing ways for all types of golfers to have fun and improve, while enhancing our guest experience.”
Scheduled to debut at Palmetto Dunes in March 2021, Toptracer Range’s ball tracking technology — currently used during televised PGA events to track the shots of the game’s best players — will offer seven experience options:
- Warm Up
- My Practice: Dig deeper into the golf bag and learn the nuances of each type of club. This mode also allows golfers to store their stats on the Toptracer Range App.
- Virtual Golf: This mode gives golfers the opportunity to play some of the world’s greatest golf courses right from their own bay. Individuals and groups can play a full 18 holes without ever having to leave the range. Pebble Beach and Spyglass Hill on California’s Monterey Peninsula are two of the courses available.
- Closet to the Pin: A little friendly competition to get some excitement going in the bay. This game allows friends to compete, while working on their swing.
- Go Fish: Play individually or as a team to catch each of the 24 different sea creatures and as many stars as possible.
- Approach Challenge: Golfers can fine-tune their iron play in this game of nine approach shots on their choice of three legendary courses.
- Points Game: This game allows friends to compete for points based on distance from the target and is ideal for people who enjoy a friendly challenge. Guests can even add In-Air bonus rings for an extra challenge.
Palmetto Dunes plans to allow range customers complete access to the Toptracer system with each purchase of range balls in all available sizes. In addition, events and leagues will be formed, in which groups of golfers can gather and play games, rounds of simulated golf, and enjoy food and beverages from a limited menu, right at the range. Leagues and events will be priced on an hourly basis.
Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort, which celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2018, is located in the heart of Hilton Head Island, S.C., along three miles of Atlantic Ocean beach on one side and an Intracoastal Waterway marina on the other. The resort boasts a trio of championship golf courses designed by Robert Trent Jones, Arthur Hills and George Fazio, an award-winning Tennis and Pickleball Center, and countless other family friendly amenities.
For more information, please visit www.PalmettoDunesToptracerRange.com.
About Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort
Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort is a 2,000-acre resort destination located in the middle of Hilton Head Island, S.C., bounded by 3 miles of Atlantic Ocean beach on one side and a sheltered Intracoastal Waterway marina on the other. Named in the top 25 World’s Best Family Getaways by Travel + Leisure, the resort features vacation home and villa rentals, three world-class golf courses, an award-winning tennis and pickleball center, an 11-mile inland salt-water lagoon system for kayaking and fishing, and Hilton Head Outfitters for bike rentals, canoes, kayaks, fishing, beach rentals and retail shopping. The Mediterranean-style Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina, Hilton Head Island’s largest deep-water marina, located right across from Palmetto Dunes, features waterfront shopping and dining and a wide variety of charters, including nature cruises, dolphin tours, fireworks tours and fishing. For information about activities or reservations, please call 877-567-6513 or visit www.palmettodunes.com.