Par Aide sponsors scholarship program for children of superintendents
Lawrence, Kan. (July 6, 2021) – The Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GCSAA) has awarded its 2021 Joseph S. Garske Collegiate Grants to Louis Anderson, Morgan Faist, Trevor Gelino, Kathryn Holling, Stephanie Lane, Jackson Lee, Molly MacDonald, Zachary Marten, and Laney Muench.
Established in honor of Par Aide company founder Joseph S. Garske, the Garske grant program is funded by the golf course accessory company and administered by the GCSAA Foundation, the philanthropic organization of GCSAA. For 18 years, the program has helped children and stepchildren of GCSAA members fund their education at an accredited college or trade school with one-time, one-year grants. There are nine grants awarded for a total of $12,000. Grants are based on community service, leadership, academic performance and a written essay.
"Par Aide is a longtime supporter of GCSAA, and that extends to their children, who will be able to further their education through the Garske grants," said GCSAA CEO Rhett Evans." “We wish these students the best of luck and thank Par Aide for their generosity."
- Holling has earned a $2,500 scholarship and is planning to attend the University of Nebraska-Lincoln to major in marketing. Her father, David Holling, is the superintendent at College Heights Country Club in Crete, Neb.
- Marten has earned a $2,500 scholarship and is planning to attend Concordia University-Mequon, majoring in accounting. His father, Todd Marten, is assistant superintendent at Pine Hills Country Club in Sheboygan, Wis.
- Anderson has earned a $1,000 scholarship and is planning to attend Barrett Honors College at Arizona State University to major in industrial engineering and business. His father, William Anderson, is director of agronomy at Troon North Golf Club in Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Faist has earned a $1,000 scholarship and is planning to attend the University of Pennsylvania to major in mathematics and pre-medicine. Her father, Andrew Faist, is superintendent at Mount Airy Resort in Mount Pocono, Pa.
- Gelino has earned a $1,000 scholarship and is planning to attend Grand Valley State University to major in orthodontics. His father, David Gelino, is assistant superintendent at Seven Bridges Golf Club in Woodridge, Ill.
- Lane has earned a $1,000 scholarship and is planning to attend Fordham University, majoring in news media and digital design. Her father, Rich Lane, CGCS, is superintendent at Hackensack Golf Club in Oradell, N.J.
- Lee has earned a $1,000 scholarship and is planning to attend the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill to major in English and studio art. His father, David Lee, Ph.D., is director of golf and grounds maintenance at Forest Creek Golf Club in Pinehurst, N.C.
- MacDonald has earned a $1,000 scholarship and is planning to attend Liberty University to major in nursing. Her father, Brad MacDonald, is superintendent at Granite Links Golf Club at Quarry Hills in Quincy, Mass.
- Muench has earned a $1,000 scholarship and is planning to attend Texas A&M University to major in political science. Her father, Timothy Muench, CGCS, is superintendent at City of Dallas (Texas) Golf Course.
About Par Aide
Since 1954, Par Aide has been providing superior golf course accessories "Wherever Golf is Played." The family-owned company offers a full line of premium golf course accessories, including tee, green and practice area products, tools, and signage. Headquartered in St. Paul, Minn., Par Aide distributes products to golf courses through a worldwide network of dealers. Par Aide is a member of the Presidential Club of the GCSAA Foundation's cumulative giving program. Presidential Club level donors have contributed $100,000 - $249,999 to the Foundation since 1987. Par Aide is also a silver PRP partner of GCSAA. For more information, visit www.paraide.com.
The Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GCSAA) is a leading golf organization in the United States. Its focus is on golf course management, and since 1926 GCSAA has been the top professional association for the men and women who manage golf courses in the U.S. and worldwide. From its headquarters in Lawrence, Kan., the association provides education, information and representation to nearly 18,000 members in more than 78 countries. The association’s mission is to serve its members, advance their profession and enhance the enjoyment, growth and vitality of the game of golf. Visit GCSAA at www.gcsaa.org or find us on Facebook or Twitter. Visit our industry-leading magazine at GCMonline.com.
The GCSAA Foundation is the philanthropic organization of the GCSAA. Its mission is to secure funding and support to strengthen advocacy, education, and research that advances the work of golf course management professionals. Visit the Foundation at www.gcsaa.org/foundation.
Director, Marketing and Communications
Phone: 800-472-7878, ext. 3647 or 785-393-1361 (cell) firstname.lastname@example.org
Manager, Media Relations
Phone: 800-472-7878, ext. 5164