Tour Edge surpasses 130 different players playing their clubs on the three PGA Tours since 2018
While Team USA was busy making history Sunday, there was a PGA TOUR Champions event being played 2300 miles west at Pebble Beach Golf Links.
The PURE Insurance Championship finished up Sunday at Pebble Beach and Tour Edge was all over the leaderboard with a runner-up finish, three Top 5’s and six total Top 25 finishes.
Tour Edge staff player Bernhard Langer finished 2nd this week and jumped back into 1st place in the Charles Schwab Cup standings. Langer now has a $164,632 lead over the number two spot with only five events remaining.
Langer played brilliant golf with a 71-66-68 11-under par performance. He called his 2nd round one of the best rounds on this golf course in 40 years. It was his 2nd runner-up finish and 3rd Top 10 in the last 4 events.
Two non-staff players, including a new player to Tour Edge, finished in the Top 5 playing Exotics C721 Hybrids. Tour Edge has now seen 131 different PGA TOUR players play their golf clubs in tournament play on the three PGA Tours since 2018.
Tour Edge Staffer Tim Petrovic played 13 Exotics from driver to wedge including the new Exotics Pro 721 Driver and 3-wood to a 13th place finish this week, his 16th Top 25 finish in the 2020/21 season.
Fellow Tour Edge Staff player Tom Lehman finished in 20th place after firing an opening round 67.
A non-contracted player played an Exotics C721 and EXS Pro 3-wood to a T23 finish. The player is choosing these clubs based on performance as his numbers have been fantastic since switching to Tour Edge. He currently ranks 8th on the Champions in driving distance.
Here are some other numbers for Tour Edge at the PURE Insurance Championship at Pebble Beach:
- 17 different players (20% of the field) played 54 Tour Edge clubs in the event.
- Tour Edge ranked as the #4 driver in play with seven drivers in play, just three shy of the No. three ranking manufacturer. Tour Edge also ranked as the No. 4 most played fairway and hybrid manufacturer, just two short of the No. three spot.
- With six EXS Ti-Utility irons in play this week, Tour Edge ranked as the #1 utility iron model in play at the event.
Tour Edge has seen 2,081 clubs in play by over 130 different PGA Tour professionals on the three PGA Tours over the last four seasons.
In that time, the company has earned 13 wins, 79 Top 5’s and over 155 Top 10 finishes.
Tour Edge has been a part of 12 victories and 23 runner-up finishes on the PGA TOUR Champions since 2018 and has been in the bag for a 1st or 2nd place finish 35 times in the last 77 Champions events (45%).
About Tour Edge
In 2021, Tour Edge is celebrating 35 years as a highly renowned and top-selling golf club and bag manufacturer serving the global golf market.
Tour Edge is an American owned and operated company out of Batavia, Illinois that manufactures and sells golf clubs under three distinct sub-brands:
• Exotics: a tour-preferred line of ultra-premium equipment featuring next-level innovation and materials that is in the bags of over 100 of the world’s top professionals.
• Hot Launch: the highest level of performance and game improvement innovation design at a mid-tier price point and the #1 custom fitted value in golf.
• “Get in the Game” products: featuring complete sets for men, women, seniors, and juniors, as well as individual drivers, putters, wedges, and golf bags designed for casual and beginning golfers on a budget.
The legendary #TeamTourEdge tour staff includes Ken Duke, Bernhard Langer, Tom Lehman, Scott McCarron, Tim Petrovic and Duffy Waldorf. Tour Edge products have been in play for 22 victories on the PGA Tours, including 10 on the PGA TOUR and 11 on the PGA TOUR Champions.
Vice President of Marketing/Tour Edge
Phone: 800-515-3343 Ex: 110