Tour Edge dominates at the Dominion Charity Classic playoff with Langer’s victory, 3 top 5‘s from staff players and 8 total top 25 finishes
What a weekend it was for golf club manufacturer Tour Edge, who has been experiencing a meteoric rise on the PGA TOUR Champions over the past few seasons.
Their staff player Bernhard Langer won the PGA TOUR Champion’s Dominion Charity Classic in Richmond, Virginia Sunday, becoming the oldest player to win a PGA TOUR Champions event in the process.
Tour Edge also had two of their staff players, Tim Petrovic and Ken Duke, both playing a full bag of Exotics clubs to finish in the Top 5 of the event.
Eight players in the Top 25 of the Playoff were playing Tour Edge clubs (four staff players and four non-staff players), including four players choosing to play Exotics drivers.
Langer became the oldest winner in PGA TOUR Champions history at 64 years, 1 month and 27 days after a birdie putt on the first hole of a playoff at the Country Club or Virginia James River course.
It was his 42nd victory on PGA TOUR Champions, putting him in 2nd for all-time wins in Champions Tour history.
“I think it’s just encouraging to everybody that’s over 50 or 60, we can still perform at a very high level, and you should never give up,” said Langer.
Langer put up a 3-under 69 Sunday and birdied the par-5 18th to force a playoff with a 14-under 202 for the tournament.
“This has been a very special win," said Langer. "It’s been a long time coming and I’ve had some very, very close calls, which was in a sense frustrating and disappointing. So, when it actually happens and you win, it’s exciting.”
It was his 6th Top 10 finish in the last seven events, including this victory and two runner-up finishes. The two-time Masters champion has won nine times since turning 60.
Langer retained his 1st place ranking in the Charles Schwab Cup standings and now has a $566,527 lead over the number two spot with only two events remaining.
Tour Edge Staff players Duke and Petrovic both played 13 Exotics from driver to wedge to 4th place finishes this week.
Petrovic moved up to 16th on the 2020/21 PGA TOUR Champions money list.
Fellow Tour Edge Staff player Tom Lehman finished in 25th place after firing an opening round 69.
Four non-staff players finished in the Top 25 playing Tour Edge clubs this week.
- One non-contracted player played an Exotics EXS Pro 3-wood to a T11 finish.
- Another non-staff player finished T14 with an Exotics C721 Driver and an Exotics EXS Pro 3-wood in play this week. He is choosing these clubs solely based on performance. He ranked 10th in Driving Accuracy and 12th in Driving Distance this week with the C721 Driver.
- Another player finished 16th with an Exotics C721 Hybrid, while another finished 5-under-par with a C721 Driver that led him to be #1 in driving accuracy for the vent at 83.33% of fairways hit.
Fourteen different players (19% of the field) played 57 Tour Edge clubs in the event.
Tour Edge has seen 2,264 clubs in play by over 133 different PGA Tour professionals on the three PGA Tours over the last four seasons.
In that time, the company has earned 14 wins, 84 Top 5’s and 203 Top 10 finishes.
Tour Edge has been a part of 13 victories and 23 runner-up finishes on the PGA TOUR Champions since 2018 and has been in the bag for a 1st or 2nd place finish 36 times in the last 79 Champions events (45%).
About Tour Edge
In 2021, Tour Edge is celebrating 35 years as a highly renowned and top-selling golf club and bag manufacturer serving the global golf market.
Tour Edge is an American owned and operated company out of Batavia, Illinois that manufactures and sells golf clubs under three distinct sub-brands:
• Exotics: a tour-preferred line of ultra-premium equipment featuring next-level innovation and materials that is in the bags of over 100 of the world’s top professionals.
• Hot Launch: the highest level of performance and game improvement innovation design at a mid-tier price point and the #1 custom fitted value in golf.
• “Get in the Game” products: featuring complete sets for men, women, seniors, and juniors, as well as individual drivers, putters, wedges, and golf bags designed for casual and beginning golfers on a budget.
The legendary #TeamTourEdge tour staff includes Ken Duke, Bernhard Langer, Tom Lehman, Scott McCarron, Tim Petrovic and Duffy Waldorf. Tour Edge products have been in play for 24 victories on the PGA Tours, including 10 on the PGA TOUR and 13 on the PGA TOUR Champions.
Vice President of Marketing/Tour Edge
Phone: 800-515-3343 Ex: 110