The big story from Tour Edge on the PGA TOUR Champions this week was their initial success with the new drivers that they launched to the players at the Mitsubishi Electric Championship at Hualalai.
The Illinois based company has been on a serious roll with over 30 different players choosing to play their drivers in tournament play over the last PGA TOUR Champions season.
They gained four new players to their drivers this week; Bernhard Langer, Mike Weir, Scott McCarron and Alex Cejka.
· Langer finished 10th with the driver in play and played lights out with the new driver in the bag. He finished T4th in driving accuracy hitting 90% of his fairways (38/42). He also gained 13.2 yards over the distance numbers he put up last year at the same event.
· Weir, a brand-new sign to Tour Edge, also put in the same model as Langer. He finished T10th in driving accuracy. He also gained 6.1 yards over his 2021 driving distance average. Weir finished 19th at the event.
· McCarron put another new model in play, leading the way to 11th in distance average at 297.3 with 36/42 fairways hit. That ranked him T15th in accuracy at 85.7 percent.
· Cejka, also announced as a Tour Edge staffer this past week, played an Exotics Pro 721 Driver and had a 284.9 driving distance average along with 80% of fairways hit.
Tour Edge had six total drivers in play at the Mitsubishi Electric Championship at Hualalai, tying them for the 3rd place ranking manufacturer on the Darrell Survey. Three players finished in the Top 20 playing their drivers.
“It was a great week working with the players in Hawaii this week,” said Executive Vice President of Tour Edge John Craig. “The fact of the matter is that every one of these drivers got in the bag off of straight performance. We’ve got something special here with 722. We can’t wait to release it to the world.”
About Tour Edge
In 2022, Tour Edge is celebrating 36 years as a highly renowned and top-selling golf club and bag manufacturer serving the global golf market.
Tour Edge is an American owned and operated company out of Batavia, Illinois that manufactures and sells golf clubs under three distinct sub-brands:
- Exotics: a tour-preferred line of ultra-premium equipment featuring next-level innovation and materials that is in the bags of over 130 of the world’s top professionals.
- Hot Launch: the highest level of performance and game improvement innovation design at a mid-tier price point and the #1 custom fitted value in golf.
- “Get in the Game” products: featuring complete sets for men, women, seniors, and juniors, as well as individual drivers, putters, wedges, and golf bags designed for casual and beginning golfers on a budget.
The legendary #TeamTourEdge tour staff includes Alex Cejka, Ken Duke, Bernhard Langer, Tom Lehman, Scott McCarron, Tim Petrovic, Duffy Waldorf and Mike Weir.
Tour Edge products have been in play for 25 victories on the PGA Tours, including 10 on the PGA TOUR and 13 on the PGA TOUR Champions.
All premium Tour Edge golf clubs are hand-built in the U.S.A and carry a Lifetime Warranty that covers any manufacturer defects for the life of the product.
Vice President of Marketing/Tour Edge
Phone: 800-515-3343 Ex: 110