The popular resort in the Home of American Golf has numerous enhancements and new amenities arriving soon, including a Toptracer Range, cutting-edge EcoBunkers and a 15,000-square foot putting course.
SOUTHERN PINES, NC (January 2022) — Widely considered one of the Southeast’s most guest-friendly getaways, Talamore Golf Resort in Southern Pines, NC, continues to evolve and improve. Talamore has several new amenities and others arriving soon that include:
- A Toptracer Range with 10 hitting stalls that will open this spring. Talamore guests will be able to experience interactive golf entertainment powered by the same technology that viewers enjoy during televised PGA Tour events to track the shots of the game’s best players. Guests can compete against friends, play a virtual round at some of the world’s top courses and receive instant shot feedback on interactive game screens. The technology uses high speed cameras, coupled with sophisticated computer algorithms, to provide instantaneous ball tracking information to guests using the range.
- Talamore has taken a cutting-edge approach to enhancing its distinctive sod wall bunkers by becoming one of the first golf courses in the country to install EcoBunkers. The stylish new bunkers at Talamore — 11 total, some as tall as 7 feet — will debut in February and resemble the beautiful sod-wall bunkers seen on TV every summer during the Open Championship in the United Kingdom.
- The Talamore practice range has been upgraded and a new, 15,000-square-foot putting course is being installed between the driving range and the 10th tee boxes that is expected to open in the fall. Guests can warm up or practice on the putting course while waiting for Toptracer, or simply settling some bets after their round.
- A new 1,000-square-foot deck has been added on the back of Talamore, which overlooks the course’s memorable finishing hole. There is comfortable furniture and cozy fire pits, along with lights and several TVs, making it the perfect spot for guests to socialize post round or wait to compete on Toptracer. “It’s customer service, customer relations. Just wanting our guests to come and see something new, or see something different and experience something different in town that they may not be able to see anywhere else,” said Talamore General Manager Matt Hausser. “It’s having our guests come and stay and stick around and hang out, just let them have a good time.”
- Last but not least, the resort got some publicity with an early Christmas present — the arrival of a 35-pound baby llama named “Jones,” after golf course architect Rees Jones who designed Talamore. Jones was born to llama mama Camellia, bringing the course’s herd to an even four. Jones enjoys playing with his older brother, Arnie, named for … you guessed it … Arnold Palmer, who designed its sister course, Mid South Club.
Visitors to the renowned Talamore Resort stay and play two of the area’s finest courses, Talamore and Mid South, both located on Midland Road midway between the Pinehurst Resort and Mid Pines and Pine Needles. “The U.S. Open Doctor,” Jones, designed Talamore, which has been voted the No. 1 Public Course in North Carolina, Top 10 in the U.S. Golfers Choice and Top 25 for Best Course Conditions by GolfAdvisor.com. The Palmer-designed Mid South Club has been voted Pinehurst Magazine’s No. 1-rated private course. Both courses regularly rank among North Carolina’s prestigious Top 100.
Resort guests can stock their own kitchen and bring their own beverages while enjoying exceptional lodging with the Talamore Villas and luxurious Lodges at Mid South. The comfortable onsite condominiums feature full kitchens, spacious living and dining areas, covered porches, barbecue areas, and other modern amenities including complimentary Wi-Fi and flat screen TV’s. Guests also enjoy a complimentary breakfast delivered right to their door.
The resort also hosts a popular Carolina Pig Pickin’ dinner that is complimentary for all of Talamore’s Monday and Thursday night guests during the season. Talamore serves up a classic Carolina-style barbecue buffet just steps from the resort villas, including all the fixings highlighted by a Classic Southern-style BBQ whole roast pig slathered with a secret rub, hickory smoked for nine hours and topped with spicy Carolina barbecue sauce.
Talamore BBQ Pavilion Perfect for the traveling golf group, the Talamore Pavilion is centrally located within the Talamore Villas Complex. The brick pavilion features a concrete floor, hewn wood ceiling beams, ceiling fans, flat screen TVs, four gas grills, a dual-sided fireplace, and a variety of bistro, high-top and picnic tables. Corn hole boards are available for some heated competition off the course.
For an innovative, quality stay-and-play experience and value around “The Home of American Golf,” Talamore Golf Resort sets the pace and keeps getting better. The resort’s long-term roster of alumni says it all – many guests have been staying and playing at Talamore for decades. “We have so much repeat business, so for them to keep coming back and finding something else here,” Hausser said. “It’s just nice to give people something more to enjoy.”
For information call (800) 552-6292 or visit www.TalamoreGolfResort.com.