Tour Edge, the pound for pound industry leader in performance and innovation, was a part of their third win of the young PGA TOUR Champions season Sunday at the Insperity Invitational in The Woodlands, TX.
So far in 2022 after eight events, Tour Edge has been a part of three victories, four runner-up finishes, 13 Top 5’s and 18 Top 10 finishes.
The winner of the event was playing a 22-degree Exotics C721 Hybrid with an Aldila NV 85 shaft for his second victory in the last three Champions events played.
The 50-year-old New Zealander who has been on fire on the PGA TOUR Champions since playing his way into full status since joining midway through last season.
He earned his first start with a Monday qualifier and then posted six consecutive Top 10 finishes. He followed that up with a victory, a runner-up and 4th place finish in the three playoff events to end a spectacular run. He has now won twice in the 2022 season with Tour Edge in the bag.
He has been playing the award-wining Exotics C721 hybrid since September of 2021.
The victory is the 17th for Tour Edge clubs since they started working full-time with Champions tour players in 2018.
Exotics Drivers Making Waves on PGA TOUR Champions in 2022
Tour Edge also set several milestones this weekend at the PGA TOUR Champions Insperity Invitational.
Tour Edge ranked as the #3 ranked manufacturer for total drivers in play at The Woodlands Country Club, beating a few behemoth manufacturers in the process.
Out of the nine Exotics drivers the company had in play at the event, five of them ended up finishing in the Top 25 of the event, including two Top 5 finishes.
That is the most drivers the company has seen finish in the Top 25 in a professional tournament to date.
- Tour Edge staffer Alex Cejka played an Exotics Pro 721 Driver to a solo 4th place finish. He averaged 285.3 yards off the tee, ranking 14th for the event, and hit 31/42 fairways. He hit every fairway Sunday in his 6-under-par 66 round.
- Fellow staffer Ken Duke finished T5 at the event gaming his Exotics E722 Driver. Duke was T5 in driving accuracy with the E driver at 85% of fairways hit for the event.
- A player who has won with the Exotics C721 Driver last season that he still plays finished 17th with the big stick. He was T10 in driving accuracy at 83% for the tournament.
- Tour Edge staffer Mike Weir also finished 17th with his E722 Driver. He averaged 272 yards off the tee this week.
- Another Tour Edge staffer choosing to play an Exotics driver this week was Tom Lehman, who finished T25 with an Exotics C722 Driver in play. He ranked T14 in accuracy at 80% of fairways hit with this new driver.
Overall, 17 players were playing 46 different Tour Edge clubs in the field of the Insperity (nine drivers, 16 fairways and hybrids, 14 irons, four utility irons and three wedges).
Six Tour Edge staff players finished in the Top 25 of the event including an 8th place finish for Bernhard Langer and a 17th place finish for Tim Petrovic.
Staffers Scott McCarron and Duffy Waldorf were both playing C722 drivers at the event, as was another non-staffer.
Tour Edge has now been a part of 17 victories and 27 runner-up finishes on the PGA TOUR Champions since 2018. That accounts for a total of 44 1st and 2nd place finishes in the last 88 Champions events played (50%).
Tour Edge has seen 2,661 clubs in play by 138 different PGA Tour professionals on the three PGA Tours over the last four seasons.
In that time, the company has earned 18 wins, 98 Top 5’s and 223 Top 10 finishes.
About Tour Edge
In 2022, Tour Edge is celebrating 36 years as a highly renowned and top-selling golf club and bag manufacturer serving the global golf market.
Tour Edge is an American owned and operated company out of Batavia, Illinois that manufactures and sells golf clubs under three distinct sub-brands:
- Exotics: a tour-preferred line of ultra-premium equipment featuring next-level innovation and materials that is in the bags of over 135 of the world’s top professionals.
- Hot Launch: the highest level of performance and game improvement innovation design at a mid-tier price point and the #1 custom fitted value in golf.
- “Get in the Game” products: featuring complete sets for men, women, seniors, and juniors, as well as individual drivers, putters, wedges, and golf bags designed for casual and beginning golfers on a budget.
The legendary #TeamTourEdge tour staff includes Alex Cejka, Ken Duke, Bernhard Langer, Tom Lehman, Scott McCarron, Tim Petrovic, Duffy Waldorf and Mike Weir.
Tour Edge products have been in play for 28 victories on the PGA Tours, including 10 on the PGA TOUR and 17 on the PGA TOUR Champions.
All premium, Tour Edge golf clubs are hand-built in the U.S.A and carry a Lifetime Warranty that covers any manufacturer defects for the life of the product.
Vice President of Marketing/Tour Edge
Phone: 800-515-3343 Ex: 110