Tour Edge, the pound for pound industry leader in performance and innovation, was all over the leaderboard at the Bridgestone Senior Players Championship Sunday at Firestone Country Club in Akron, OH.
Tour Edge clubs finished with three Top 5 finishes and seven Top 25’s at the PGA TOUR Champions major championship, the fourth of five majors on the 2022 Champions tour schedule.
Tour Edge staff players Alex Cejka and Ken Duke both finished T5 this week at the Senior Players playing Exotics drivers, fairways and hybrids, while Duke was also playing a full set of Exotics irons.
A non-contracted player played an Exotics C721 Hybrid to a T3 finish. The 50-year-old New Zealander has been playing the hybrid since September of 2021 and currently ranks #1 on the 2022 Schwab Cup money list.
Tour Edge ranked as tied for the #3 ranked manufacturer for total number of drivers in play at the major event. Nine Exotics drivers in play ties the most drivers the company has seen in a professional tournament to date and the most in play in a major championship.
Tour Edge gained three new C722 Drivers this week, making the C722 the #4 overall most played driver model in the field. There were also a total of seven C722 Fairways and Hybrids, two additional C722 Ti-Utility Irons and six C722 Irons in play in Akron.
With 23 total 722’s in play this week, the Exotics series is one of the fastest growing series across the board out on the tour.
In total, Tour Edge had 15 players were playing 45 different Exotics clubs at the event. Only seven of those 15 players are on the Tour Edge professional staff.
- Tour Edge staff player Alex Cejka fired a 64 in the opening round of the Senior Players and had the solo lead after 18. He’s playing an Exotics Pro 721 Driver, Exotics C722 3-wood and an Exotics C722 Hybrid.
- Fellow staffer Ken Duke finished T5 at the event gaming a full bag of Exotics, including an E722 Driver, EXS 220 3-wood, C721 Hybrid, C722 Ti-Utility Iron and EXS Pro Forged irons and wedges. Duke shot the 2nd lowest round of the final round for his 2nd round of 66 of the tournament.
- Tour Edge staffer Tim Petrovic was tied for the 36-hole clubhouse lead after a 68-66 start to the tournament. He’s playing Exotics fairways and hybrids, a C722 Ti-Utility Iron and C722 irons and wedges.
- A non-contracted player with an EXS Ti-Utility Iron in play finished in 11th place.
- Tour Edge staffer Mike Weir finished 25th. He averaged 291 yards off the tee this week with his Exotics C722 Driver, ranking him 14th for driving distance.
- Tour Edge staffer Bernhard Langer also finished T25 at the event with his mix of Exotics irons and wedges.
Tour Edge has seen 2,984 clubs in play by 151 different PGA Tour professionals on the three PGA Tours over the last four seasons. In that time, the company has earned 18 wins, 107 Top 5’s and 236 Top 10 finishes.
About Tour Edge
In 2022, Tour Edge is celebrating 36 years as a highly renowned and top-selling golf club and bag manufacturer serving the global golf market.
Tour Edge is an American owned and operated company out of Batavia, Illinois that manufactures and sells golf clubs under three distinct sub-brands:
- Exotics: a tour-preferred line of ultra-premium equipment featuring next-level innovation and materials that is in the bags of over 150 of the world’s top professionals.
- Hot Launch: the highest level of performance and game improvement innovation design at a mid-tier price point and the #1 custom fitted value in golf.
- “Get in the Game” products: featuring complete sets for men, women, seniors, and juniors, as well as individual drivers, putters, wedges, and golf bags designed for casual and beginning golfers on a budget.
The legendary #TeamTourEdge tour staff includes Alex Cejka, Ken Duke, Bernhard Langer, Tom Lehman, Scott McCarron, Tim Petrovic, Duffy Waldorf and Mike Weir.
Tour Edge products have been in play for 28 victories on the PGA Tours, including 10 on the PGA TOUR and 17 on the PGA TOUR Champions.
All premium, Tour Edge golf clubs are hand-built in the U.S.A and carry a Lifetime Warranty that covers any manufacturer defects for the life of the product.
Vice President of Marketing/Tour Edge
Phone: 800-515-3343 Ex: 110