Tour Edge notches their 21st victory on the PGA Tours since 2018
It was an epic weekend for Bernhard Langer and his golf equipment sponsor Tour Edge, who has been experiencing a meteoric rise on the PGA TOUR Champions over the past few seasons.
Their ageless staff player Langer won the PGA TOUR Champion’s Chubb Classic in Naples, Fla. Sunday.
Langer’s 17-under par performance led him to win for the 17th straight year on the PGA TOUR Champions, setting a new mark for consecutive years with a victory.
Langer shot/beat his age in both the first and 3rd rounds this week, the 6th time since he has done so since joining the Tour Edge staff.
Langer is now tied with Hale Irwin’s record 45 PGA TOUR Champions titles.
He also broke his own record as oldest winner in PGA TOUR Champions history at 65 years, 5 months, and 23 days as the oldest TOUR-sanctioned winner.
"It's extremely special because we've been talking about it for so long, it seems now,'' Langer said. "When I first came out here, I thought, 'This is never going to happen.'''
"I just feel relieved and grateful and thankful for everybody that's been on my team and helping me through these years,'' continued Langer. "Like we said, for a German kid from a village of 800 people and starting as a caddie to do what I've done, it takes a lot of people to do that, not just one.''
Langer not only won and tied the all-time record this week this week, but he won big with a three-stroke victory. One of the major keys to victory for Langer, as usual, was his iron play.
He played his Tour Edge Exotics forged irons to perfection, including the recently announced prototype BL forged iron that he collaborated on with Tour Edge master club designer David Glod.
He also played his new 17-degree Exotics C723 Hybrid this week that he first put into play in Hawaii to start the season. The new club led him to several scoring opportunities that helped push him up the leaderboard.
“We had a great week of testing with Bernhard this week in Naples before the event,” said Tour Edge President David Glod. “He is extremely close with the brand-new Exotics C723 Driver and, 3-wood and two more C723 hybrids going in the bag. We are extremely happy to do whatever we can for this legend’s game. He is just such an absolute delight to work with in every way.”
The win was Langer’s 5th title at the Chubb Classic, the longest running event on the Champions Tour.
Langer moved up to No. 3 in the season-long Charles Schwab Cup standings with his victory.
The win is the 21st for Tour Edge clubs in play since the company started working full-time with Champions tour players in 2018.
Tour Edge has seen more than 3,500 clubs played by over 160 different PGA Tour professionals on the three PGA Tours over the last four seasons.
With the victory this week, Tour Edge has now been a part of 21 victories and 35 runner-up finishes on the PGA TOUR Champions since they started servicing the tour full-time in 2018.
That means the company now totals 57 1st and 2nd place finishes in the last 116 Champions events played (49% of all Champions events played).
Other notes from the event:
- Five players in the Top 25 were playing Tour Edge clubs (three staff players and two non-staff players). Tour Edge staffers Alex Cejka and Scott McCarron joined Langer in the Top 25.
- McCarron ranked 5th in driving distance average (293.3 yards) with his Exotics C723 Driver.
- In the fairways and hybrids club count, the new C723 already ranked as the #2 most played model among any manufacturer in play at the event.
- Fourteen players (18% of the field) were playing 53 Tour Edge clubs at the Chubb Classic.
About Tour Edge
In 2023, Tour Edge is celebrating 37 years as a highly renowned and top-selling golf club and bag manufacturer serving the global golf market. Tour Edge is an American owned and operated company out of Batavia, Illinois that manufactures and sells golf clubs under three distinct sub-brands:
• Exotics: a tour-preferred line of ultra-premium equipment featuring next-level innovation and materials that is in the bags of over 160 of the world’s top professionals.
• Hot Launch: the highest level of performance and game improvement innovation design at a mid-tier price point and the #1 custom fitted value in golf.
• “Get in the Game” products: featuring complete sets for men, women, seniors, and juniors, as well as individual drivers, putters, wedges, and golf bags designed for casual and beginning golfers on a budget.
The legendary #TeamTourEdge tour staff includes Alex Cejka, Ken Duke, Bernhard Langer, Scott McCarron, Tim Petrovic, Duffy Waldorf and Mike Weir. Tour Edge products have been in play for 33 victories on the PGA Tours, including 10 on the PGA TOUR and 21 on the PGA TOUR Champions.
All premium, Tour Edge golf clubs are hand-built in the U.S.A and carry a Lifetime Warranty that covers any manufacturer defects for the life of the product.
Vice President of Marketing/Tour Edge
Phone: 800-515-3343 Ex: 110