Hikers play 100 holes in one day, in golf’s ultimate charitable challenge.
(MONTEREY, Calif.) – Youth on Course – the non-profit organization providing youth with access to life-changing opportunities through golf – has announced its 2023 100 Hole Hike Schedule. Youth on Course supporters become Hikers to take on the challenge of playing and walking 100 holes of golf in one day, while raising millions of charitable dollars for youth access to golf. "The 100 Hole Hike offers our supporters the perfect balance between the struggle of successfully completing the physical and mental challenge of our Hikes, and the satisfaction of giving the gift of access to our youth members," says Jeff Clark, Chief Development Officer for Youth on Course. "The 100 Hole Hike Initiative has become the most impactful fundraising tool for Youth on Course to support our members."
This year’s list includes returning favorite hike sites The Hay at Pebble Beach in CA, The Baths at Kohler in WI, Trinity Forest in Dallas, TX and Cloud 9 in Las Vegas, NV. Exciting new sites include Madison Golf Club in NJ, The Yards in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL and 3's Greenville in SC.
Also new this year is the opportunity to participate at one of three different Hike fundraising levels (Premier, Champions and Pro), each level offering unique destinations and experiences.
- The $10,000 fundraising-minimum Premier Hikes offer 5-star accommodations and bonus golf at standout local courses.
- The $5,000 fundraising-minimum Champions Hikes offer overnight stays and a celebratory dinner with fellow Hikers.
- The $1,500 fundraising minimum Pro Hikes offer exclusive branded swag.
Last years’ Premier Hikes featured, as Golf Digest put it, “An incredible 100-hole hike at 44 under par for the ages” by mini-tour player Joe Hooks at Sweetens Cove in South Pittsburg, TN; a viral first time hole-in-one by Fire Pit Collective's Alan Shipnuck at The Hay in Pebble Beach, CA; and a visit from Four-Time Major Champion, and 23-time winner on the PGA TOUR, Rory McIlroy at the Palm Beach, FL Hike, as featured in Netflix’s new documentary series Full Swing.
2023 Premier 100 Hole Hikes include:
- Madison Golf Club, Madison, NJ – June 19, Bonus Round at Somerset Hills Country Club
- The Hay, Pebble Beach, CA* – July 28, Bonus Round at Spyglass Hill
- The Baths at Kohler, Kohler, WI – August 21, Bonus Round at Whistling Straits
- Sherwood Lake Club, Thousand Oaks, CA – September 11, Bonus Round at Sherwood Country Club
- The Yards, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL – September 19th, Bonus Round at TPC Sawgrass Stadium Course
- The Hay, Pebble Beach, CA – October 9, Bonus Round at The Links at Spanish Bay
- The Horse Course at Trinity Forest, Dallas, TX – October 30, Bonus Round at Trinity Forest Golf Club
- Cloud 9, Las Vegas, NV – November 10, Bonus Round at Cascata
* This site is subject to a higher fundraising minimum.
2023 Champions 100 Hole Hikes include:
- Bobby Jones Golf Course, Atlanta, GA – June 6
- Olympic Club Cliffs Course, San Francisco, CA – June 12
- Midland Country Club, Midland, TX – August 14
- Briggs Ranch, San Antonio, TX – August 27
- NorCal Site Coming Soon!
- SoCal Site Coming Soon!
- Northeast Site Coming Soon!
- Midwest Site Coming Soon!
2023 Pro 100 Hole Hikes include:
- Miami Valley Golf Club, Dayton, OH – May 8
- Fleming 9 Course, San Francisco, CA – June 28
- Claremont Country Club, Oakland, CA – August 14
- 3's Greenville, Greenville, SC – August 28
- F.M. Law Park, Houston, TX – September 14
- Northeast Site Coming Soon!
- Southwest Site Coming Soon!
To join the challenge, visit: https://youthoncourse.org/the-100-hole-hike/ or contact Rachel Miller at email@example.com. More 100 Hole Hike locations will be added throughout the year. Those unable to Hike this year can donate to the organization at: youthoncourse.org/donate.
YouthonCourse.org | Facebook | Instagram | LinkedIn | Twitter
About Youth on Course
The core purpose of Youth on Course (YOC) is to provide youth with access to life-changing opportunities through golf. Headquartered in Monterey, CA, Youth on Course is a 501(c)3 organization that began as the charitable arm of the Northern California Golf Association. Since 2006, YOC has grown to 140,000 members throughout North America, playing for $5 or less at nearly 2,000 golf courses. Members also benefit from career opportunities through the caddie and internship program and have the opportunity to receive college scholarships. YOC members have played more than two million subsidized rounds of golf, each round representing a new opportunity for learning, growth and connection through affordable access to play.