(LINCOLN, Neb.) – Landscapes Golf Management – operator of more than 55 golf courses and country clubs – announced its 2023 award winners during its annual corporate conference last week.
In addition to the awards presentations, learning and development sessions during the four-day event included wisdom from guest speakers Jay Karen, CEO of the National Golf Course Owners Association and TED Talks presenter Bill Eckstrom, the world’s foremost authority on metric-based performance coaching and growth.
“Landscapes Golf Management stands for excellence and a culture-first mantra,” says Tom Everett, President of Landscapes Golf Management. “Our conference celebrates teamwork, camaraderie, thought leadership and innovation which optimize performance at our golf courses and country clubs.”
- Pacific Springs Golf Course (Omaha, Neb.) was honored as “Facility of the Year” for all-around achievement in guest services, operations, course conditions, marketing, sales and financial returns. It excelled in programming, new leagues and outings, off-season revenue and acing guest and staff experiences.
The Broadlands Golf Course (Broomfield, Colo.) won “Innovator of the Year” for its food-and-beverage creativity. After turning the operation into a food market and temporary yet popular outdoor beer garden during the pandemic, its permanency was established and F&B revenue per round more than doubled.
- Jeff Kelly, King’s Deer Golf Club (Monument, Colo.) was named “General Manager of the Year.” Under his stewardship and Landscapes Golf Management’s operation since 2016, there’s been 140% topline and nearly $500,000 EBITDA growth and a complete remodeling of the clubhouse .
- Joel Holling, Jackrabbit Run Golf Course (Grand Island, Neb) is “Superintendent of the Year.” His forecasting of a shortfall of precipitation during winter months led his team to treat turf proactively and properly. The conditions were so pristine on opening day and beyond that golfers flocked en masse to Jackrabbit from area courses.
Other award winners:
- Ben Nelson Assistant GM of the Year – Lisa Masters (Sutton Bay)
- Co-Golf Professionals of the Year – Chad Veire and Chris Lane (Sioux Falls Golf)
- Sales Professional of the Year – DeAnne Frazier (River Run C.C.)
- Food and Beverage Director of the Year – Desi Brandt (The Broadlands G.C.)
- FISH! Service Champions – Amy Faulk (River Run C.C.); Jim Gevens (Dodge Riverside G.C.); Laurie Morgan (Three Crowns G.C.)
- FISH! Facility of the Year – Kuehn Park G.C (Public); Winchester C.C. (Private)
- Safety Showcase – Three Crowns G.C.
- #Award (Social Media) – River Run C.C.
- LGM Ambassadors of the Year – Melissa Good (River Run C.C.); SaDonna Manfull (Jackrabbit Run G.C.), Brian Wright (Jeremy Ranch G&CC), Matt Fricke (Corporate)
- “Select” Facility of the Year – Scotts Bluff C.C.
- Most Improved Facility of the Year – Shoreline G.C.
About Landscapes Golf Management
One of America’s largest and most trusted operators of golf courses and country clubs, Landscapes Golf Management’s 55-plus property portfolio across 24 states benefits from conveniently located regional offices. The family owned-and-operated company has built a strong infrastructure and culture to successfully provide turnkey management and a la carte solutions to owners of golf courses and country clubs. Its experts cover business strategy and planning, golf course maintenance, clubhouse operations, marketing, IT, staffing and training, food and beverage, health and wellness, merchandising, golf instruction and financial management. Sister company Landscapes Unlimited is the recognized leader in development and construction of golf courses as well as sports fields.
More information: www.landscapesgolf.com