ORLANDO, Fla. – GolfPass, NBC Sports Next’s comprehensive digital membership and video streaming platform co-founded by superstar Rory McIlroy, has launched a new ad-supported membership tier offering free access to thousands of hours of curated, top-tier golf instruction series, original entertainment, GOLF Channel classics, and golf tournament replays.
GolfPass Free is available to anyone by simply creating a free account. People who have previously set up an account with other NBC Sports golf brands, including GolfNow, TeeOff, and GolfNow Compete will have automatic access. Existing GolfPass+ members will continue to have access to ad-free video content, as well as their other membership benefits, such as tee-time savings on GolfNow and TeeOff, discounts on golf apparel and gear, complimentary access to Peacock, NBCUniversal’s streaming service, and more.
“As one of our ambassadors, Rory recognizes that GolfPass harnesses the ways golfers today want to connect with their favorite sport – anywhere, anytime and on any device,” said Justin Tupper, SVP, Content & Strategy, NBC Sports Next. “Now, GolfPass Free creates more opportunity to connect golfers with the all the things that make the sport great, while helping them enjoy the game more, and making it easier in the process.”
A GolfPass Free membership only requires registration and provides on-demand streaming access to selected GolfPass video, including:
- A vast instruction library featuring more than 4,500 video titles, including Ask Rory, The Golf Fix, with host Devan Bonebrake; Lessons with a Champion Golfer; and Build a Better Game – all hosted by top instructors like Martin Hall, Debbie Doniger, and Aimee Cho, as well as golf fitness expert Don Saladino.
- A vast library of original video content, including original shows like The Conor Moore Show, On Tour/On Course, My Roots, My Daily Routine, and more.
- GOLF Channel’s video vault, encompassing more than 25 years of programming, including the popular Big Break reality competition series.
GolfPass Free members also can earn GolfPass Points to upgrade to a GolfPass+ membership.
A GolfPass+ membership is $99 per year and includes:
- Ad-free access to all the same video content included in the GolfPass Free membership
- $10 anytime monthly tee-time credits
- Complimentary access to Peacock, NBCUniversal’s streaming service
- Waived fees on 10 tee-time bookings for up to four players per booking
- Tee Time Protection on 10 bookings
- $40 off a qualifying purchase at TaylorMadeGolf.com
- Live tournament coverage
- Other member-exclusive savings
- Ability to earn and redeem GolfPass Points on tee-time bookings
GOLFPASS HELPS GOLFERS PLAY MORE AND BETTER GOLF: A GolfPass membership is available in North America at GolfPass.com, in the U.K. and Republic of Ireland at GolfPass.co.uk, and in Australia at www.GolfPass.com.au (benefits may vary by country). GolfPass also is available via connected TV, iOS and Android apps.
About NBC Sports Next
NBC Sports Next is a subdivision of NBC Sports and home to all NBCUniversal digital applications in sports and technology within Golf and Youth & Recreational Sports. Known for its sports technology product innovation, NBC Sports Next equips more than 30 million players, coaches, athletes, sports administrators and fans in 40 countries with more than 25 sports solution products, including GolfNow, the leading online tee time marketplace and provider of golf course operations technology and services; GolfPass the ultimate golf membership that connects golfers to exclusive content, tee time credits, coaching, tips and other benefits; SportsEngine, an industry leader in youth sports club, league and team management technology; Rapid Replay, a video streaming and editing platform; TeamUnify, swim team management services; GoMotion, sports and fitness business software solutions; TourneyMachine, tournament management solutions for youth sports. NBC Sports Next is fueled by its mission to innovate, create larger-than-life events and connect with sports fans through technology to provide the ultimate in immersive experiences.
-NBC Sports Next-
NBC Sports Next