PXG® underscores its everyday efforts to promote diversity and inclusion in golf with additional featured programming and discounted fittings during Women’s Golf Month
Scottsdale, AZ (June 1, 2023) - PXG recognizes that more women than ever are trying, enjoying, and succeeding in golf, and the company is doing its part to continue this momentum and ensure everyone feels welcome. During Women's Golf Month, PXG is featuring its talented LPGA Tour players, celebrating its employees, and making a mark in the community through several key initiatives aimed at growing the game.
Premiering today, PXG pairs comedy icon and golf addict Rob Riggle with LPGA Tour Professionals, including Celine Boutier, Austin Ernst, and Christina Kim, for some core stimulating, performance-powering tips and tricks. Spanning the fundamentals to the game's finer points, the nine-episode series, PXG Pro Tips with Rob Riggle: LPGA Edition, is available on PXG's website and YouTube.
"We can all agree, the need to grow the game is no laughing matter," President & Executive Creative Director of PXG Apparel Renee Parsons stated. "However, when you combine humor with golf PXG finds players have a bit more fun on the course and are far more likely to come back."
LAUNCHING JUNE 1, 2023
- Episode 1: Austin Ernst delivers some quick warm-up techniques and shows Rob Riggle how to get more distance with his driver.
- Episode 2: Céline Boutier walks Rob through her swing thoughts to achieve better tempo while Yu Sang Hou highlights her pre-round, driving range routine.
- Episode 3: Gerina Mendoza helps Rob with his distance control, and Christina Kim gives Rob the lowdown on how to hit a fairway wood.
- Episode 4: LPGA Rookie Elinor Sudow takes Rob through her swing philosophy and the benefits of using a blended iron set.
COMING LATER IN JUNE
- Episode 5: Gina Kim explains the benefits of getting fitted for your driver and shows Rob how to control tempo with the big stick.
- Episode 6: Jennifer Song teaches Rob how to gain more spin with wedges around the green and schools him on the importance of a proper grip.
- Episode 7: Linnea Strom has Rob focusing on his rotation to gain more power and distance. Christina Kim takes him back to the fundamentals with chipping.
- Episode 8: Megan Khang shares how to hit a consistent draw and adapt your swing when hitting into the wind.
- Episode 9: Mina Harigae gets practical when practicing with alignment sticks, and Christina Kim loosens Rob up with some pre-round stretching techniques.
PXG is also continuing its tradition of turning its focus to the women who help power the company – 26% of its workforce – this month. Under the direction of Renee Parsons, every woman in the company, regardless of role or location, is given a paid day off to engage in a golf-related activity. The initiative is titled PXG Women's Day to Play, and it will be held on June 5, 2023, with coordinated events in Scottsdale, London, and Tokyo.
Parsons shared, "We recognize that creating opportunities for the women on our team to experience golf is important to their day-to-day success and to growing the game at large. By looking inward, removing barriers, and creating a supportive environment, we hope to inspire interest and engagement and promote job satisfaction."
Taking the company's efforts a step further, PXG continues to help advance the game through its local retail and fitting studios and field teams. For June, all golf club fittings for women are 90% off using the offer code, “WOMENS90”.
The company also looks to help demystify the game for underserved students from diverse backgrounds through its PXG engineer-led Science of Golf programming. On June 26, 2023, PXG will host STEM Atlanta Women – an Atlanta-based science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) group focused on creating opportunities for black women and young girls in the area – at its PXG Atlanta Store. Through this event and similar ones at other locations, PXG looks to inspire America's youth, from all backgrounds, to pursue STEM careers in golf and get involved in the game itself.
To learn more about PXG or to book a discounted fitting for Women’s Golf Month, visit www.PXG.com or call 866.PLAY.PXG.
ABOUT PARSONS XTREME GOLF
Founded by entrepreneur and self-proclaimed golf nut Bob Parsons, PXG embodies his belief that every new product – from golf clubs to sport fashion apparel – should be markedly better. Every innovation should noticeably improve your performance. And every moment of impact should elevate your enjoyment.
Today, PXG offers a complete lineup of right- and left-handed golf clubs, including drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges, and putters, as well as high-performance, sport fashion apparel, and accessories.
PXG's professional staff includes Joel Dahmen, Zach Johnson, Mason Andersen, Paul Barjon, Eric Cole, Kevin Dougherty, Nicolas Echavarria, Clay Feagler, Patrick Fishburn, Michael Gligic, Grant Hirschman, Bo Hoag, Michael Johnson, Jake Knapp, KK Limbhaust, David Lipsky, Luke List, Justin Lower, Ryan McCormick, Henrik Norlander, Augusto Nunez, Garrett Reband, Seth Reeves, Shad Tuten, Dylan Wu, Celine Boutier, Austin Ernst, Mina Harigae, Yu-Sang Hou, Megan Khang, Christina Kim, Gina Kim, Katherine Kirk, Brittany Lang, Gerina Mendoza, Jennifer Song, Linnea Strom, and Ellinor Sudow.