January 9, 2024 – Rocklin, CA - The Association of Golf Merchandisers (AGM) proudly recognizes the accomplished individuals who have successfully graduated from its esteemed Certified Retail Manager (CRM) Program in 2023, marking a significant milestone in their professional development within the golf industry. The CRM Program, renowned for its comprehensive Retail Strategies curriculum and industry-specific focus, has seen a cohort of dedicated professionals complete the program this year. These graduates have demonstrated exceptional commitment and expertise, positioning themselves as leaders in golf retail management.
2023 AGM CRM Graduates:
Aimee Bernardi Messner
Vikki Mackovich Burmeister
The Association of Golf Merchandiser’s Certified Retail Manager Program is tailored to guide individuals toward becoming successful and profitable buyers within the golf industry. This comprehensive program covers crucial buying strategies, enabling participants to:
- ADDRESS critical strategy questions, such as planning one’s merchandise mix, calculating inventory levels, and buying with a focus on profitability.
- EXPLORE fundamentals, including understanding the operations of a retail golf shop.
- LEARN: the fundamentals of building and utilizing an Open-to-Buy, managing inventory levels, and increasing turn rates.
- DISCOVER: the importance of avoiding common buying pitfalls, adopting proven models of success, and learning from experiences.
This program caters to individual buyers, merchandisers, or golf shop teams seeking to enhance their skills and excel in golf retail management. The ideal candidate for this program includes:
- Director of Retail/Merchandiser/Buyer
- Merchandiser Assistant/Buyer Assistant
- Pro Shop Manager
- Director of Golf
- PGA/LPGA/Head Golf Professional
- Assistant Golf Professional
- Retailing Student/Intern
- PGM Student/Intern
- General Manager/Operations Manager
Additionally, PGA Members receive PGA Education PDR credits for completion of each educational course in the Certified Retail Manager program. Each individual class receives 2 PGA Education PDRs.
Looking ahead to an exciting 2024, the AGM is thrilled to announce several enhancements and additions to the CRM Program, aiming to further empower and equip aspiring golf retail managers and buyers with cutting-edge skills and knowledge.
The AGM is delighted to announce two new seminars in the CRM Program rounding out the curriculum:
- Relationship Building: This seminar provides the skills and strategies necessary to develop a unique sales culture that will increase revenue, transforming your customers into clients, and ultimately partners.
- Technology Tools: This new presentation explores quick and easy marketing tips and tricks supported by the latest technology tools vital for effective retail management in the digital age.
There are some additional highlights coming to the CRM program in 2024 providing expanded learning opportunities. The AGM is adding evening sessions for 2024, providing greater flexibility for participants to engage in the program. The AGM is also enthusiastic to introduce an accelerated path to completion, offering more sessions designed to enable completion within a condensed timeframe of 3-4 months. The AGM’s upcoming new website will also grow in its capabilities, with expanded functionalities to allow participants to easily track and self-manage their progress throughout the program. The 2024 year will also see the implementation of an Annual Recertification opportunity with streamlined requirements to maintain accreditation, ensuring continuous professional development and staying updated with industry standards.
The AGM encourages individuals passionate about golf retail management to seize these upcoming opportunities and join the ranks of distinguished AGM Certified Retail Managers. For more information and to enroll in the Certified Retail Manager Program, visit agmgolf.org.
About the Association of Golf Merchandisers (AGM):
The Association of Golf Merchandisers is an international, professional association consisting of more than 850 buyer members and 200 Vendor Partners all dedicated to strengthening the golf retail and merchandising industry. AGM buyer members are responsible for the retail operations at over 1,500 golf shops with annual sales in excess of $1 billion. These members, both the Merchandisers and the Vendor Partners, are among the best and most recognized in the golf industry.
CONTACT: Megan Fidler, AGM Director of Marketing – email@example.com