Kapalua Golf’s Plantation Course golf shop named among Best of the Best
Scottsdale, Ariz. (February 1, 2024) – 22 Troon-affiliated golf retail shops were recently named 2024 Platinum Award recipients by the Association of Golf Merchandisers (AGM) recognizing the Top 100 golf shops across the world. The AGM Platinum Awards honors the 100 best public, private, resort and off-course specialty shops. Recipients of this prestigious award consistently excel in the areas of merchandising, promotions, shop renovation, customer service, social media, staff training, and growing the game. The program, a combination of the former 100 Best Golf Shops (Golf World Business) and the AGM Front Nine Awards, attracts entries from facilities worldwide.
Troon-affiliated facilities named 2024 AGM Platinum Award winners include:
· Ak-Chin Southern Dunes Golf Club in Maricopa, Ariz.
· BallenIsles Country Club in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.
· Belfair Golf Club in Bluffton, South Carolina
· Capital Canyon Club, Prescott, Ariz.
· Fieldstone Golf Club in Greenville, Del.
· Kapalua Bay in Maui, Hawaii
· Kapalua Plantation in Maui, Hawaii
· Kapolei Golf Club in Kapolei, Hawaii
· La Cantera Golf Club in San Antonio, Texas
· Maderas Golf Club in Poway, Calif.
· Manchester Country Club in Bedford, New Hampshire
· Monarch Beach Golf Links in Dana Point, Calif.
· Papago Golf Club in Phoenix, Ariz.
· Princeville Makai Golf Club in Princeville, Kauai, Hawaii
· Silverado Resort and Spa in Napa, Calif.
· Terravita Golf & Country Club in Scottsdale, Ariz.
· The Phoenician Golf Club in Scottsdale, Ariz.
· The Westin Kierland Golf Club in Scottsdale, Ariz.
· Troon Country Club in Scottsdale, Ariz.
· Troon North Golf Club in Scottsdale, Ariz.
· Vattanac Golf Resort in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
· Yocha Dehe Golf Club in Brooks, Calif.
Additionally, Kapalua Golf’s Plantation Course Golf Shop was honored as one of the ten “Best of the Best” among the AGM’s Platinum Award winners. The 10 Best of the Best establishments rose above the competition, showcasing unparalleled excellence in the golf retail arena.
“Huge congratulations to the Troon facilities achieving platinum status this year,” said Kristen Goulet, Vice President, Retail, Troon. “Thank you to the Association of Golf Merchandisers for recognizing 22 Troon-managed retail stores and their teams in the organizations top 100. The property teams at the front-line as well as our corporate retail directors take pride in delivering exceptional retail experiences along with highly profitable stores for our clients, this award celebrates their high level of execution.”
To be considered for a Platinum Award, courses were invited to submit golf shop nominations. Entries were judged by an impartial panel in a number of categories, including customer satisfaction initiatives, creative use of space, inventory control practices, revenue-generating initiatives, promotions and visual displays.
In addition to golf course retail operations, Troon also operates tennis, fitness, resort and marina retail outlets across the globe. Troon’s national purchasing programs enable owners to receive the benefit of group buying power on hundreds of retail items.
About The AGM
The Association of Golf Merchandisers (AGM) is an international, professional association consisting of more than 850 buyer members, 50 student members and over 160 Vendor Partners all dedicated to strengthening the golf merchandising industry. AGM buyer members are responsible for the retail operations at over 1,500 golf shops with annual sales in excess of $800 million. For more information on the AGM, visit http://agmgolf.org.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., Troon is the world’s largest golf and golf-related hospitality management company, providing services at 850-plus locations, including operational responsibility for 575-plus 18-hole equivalent golf courses around the globe. In addition to golf, Troon specializes in homeowner association management, private residence clubs, estate management and associated hospitality venues. Troon’s award-winning food and beverage division operates and manages 600-plus food and beverage operations located at golf resorts, private clubs, daily fee golf courses and recreational facilities. With properties located in 45-plus states and 35-plus countries, Troon’s family of brands includes Troon Golf, Troon Privé, Troon International, Indigo Sports, CADDIEMASTER, ClubUp, Cliff Drysdale Tennis, Peter Burwash International, True Club Solutions, RealFood Hospitality, Strategy and Design, Casa Verde Golf, ICON Management and Eventive Sports. For additional news and information, visitwww.Troon.com.