Kaua‘i, Hawai‘i (March 3, 2022) – Golfweek Magazine and GolfPass recently recognized three Go Golf Kauai courses in their 2022 rankings of top golf courses. Princeville Makai Golf Club, Poipu Bay Golf Club and the Ocean Course at Hokuala were ranked No. T58, No. T120 and T160 respectively, in Golfweek’s “Best 200 Resort Courses in the U.S.” list in the “Ultimate Guide of Best Courses” for 2022.
Both Princeville Makai and Poipu Bay courses were also honored by GolfPass in the website’s recently released “Golfers’ Choice 2022: Best Golf Courses in Hawaii” annual ranking, with Poipu Bay No. 1 and Princeville Makai No. 2 in the Aloha State.
Every year, Golfweek’s elite team of course raters, which currently boasts more than 850 evaluators, surveys more than 3,600 courses – grading each nominated course on the basis of Golfweek’s 10 strict standards of evaluation. Collectively, these knowledgeable raters have turned in more than 75,000 votes to compile Golfweek’s Best Courses lists.
GolfPass rankings are created by user reviews from Golf Advisor. According to GolfPass, the best public golf experiences in the country are based on more than 265,000 reviews from their golfer community. Course scores are based on a course’s overall rating and six subcategory ratings including value, conditions, layout, pace of play, staff friendliness and off-course amenities as voted on by GolfPass readers. GolfPass is the leading source of golf course ratings and reviews by golfers, for golfers. GolfPass’ community of golfers share their first-hand experience at thousands of courses worldwide to help other golfers decide where to play their next round.
Nicknamed the Garden Isle for its lush tropical foliage, waterfalls and ever-present Pacific Ocean scenery, Kaua‘i boasts numerous daily-fee and resort golf courses. The destination is perennially recognized for its beaches, award-winning golf courses, ideal playing weather and stunning natural beauty. For more information on Kaua‘i golf, visit www.gogolfkauai.com.
About The Go Golf Kaua‘i Courses
- The Ocean Course at Hokuala – The Ocean Course at Hokuala is a Jack Nicklaus Signature Course that boasts the longest stretch of oceanfront holes in all of Hawaii. The picture-perfect course winds its way through papaya and guava groves to dramatic seaside cliffs. A 2016 renovation added sparkling white sand to all the bunkers, framing holes to be even more spectacular than before. The Ocean Course at Hokuala has been rated as Hawaii’s Best Golf Course by the World Golf Awards 2018 – 2020.
- Poipu Bay Golf Course – Poipu Bay Golf Course was designed by renowned golf course architect Robert Trent Jones Jr and is set between lush mountains and rugged ocean bluffs. The course incorporates more than 30 acres of colorfully landscaped tropical plants and flowers, making it one of Hawaii’s most beautiful courses. Poipu Bay hosted the PGA Grand Slam of Golf from 1994 to 2006.
- Princeville Makai Golf Club – Princeville Makai Golf Club opened in 1971 as the first solo effort of Robert Trent Jones, Jr. The course was completely renovated in 2009, introducing spectacular new Seashore Paspalum turf grass on all fairways and greens. Princeville Makai features surreal vistas of Bali Hai and Hanalei Bay, including the signature par-3, 7th hole that offers a 213-yard shot over scenic cliffs.
- Puakea Golf Course – Designed by architect Robin Nelson, Puakea is a spectacular layout built along massive ravines and lush tropical undulating terrain, with the backdrop being used for the Jurassic Park series. Named one of the top courses in Hawaii by Sports Illustrated, Golf Advisorand Golfweek, the dramatic 18-hole golf course is also known for its high-quality, "Kauai-style" customer service. Puakea was rated “Best of Kauai” by Garden Island Newspaper from 2013 – 2019.
- Wailua Golf Course – Wailua Golf Course offers classic, golden-era seaside golf holes just a few steps from the Pacific Ocean. First built as a 9-hole course in the 1930’s, and expanded to 18 holes in 1961, Wailua has hosted three USGA Amateur and three US Public Links Championships. This wonderful municipal layout was designed by Toyo Shirai and features stunning mountain views along the Coconut Coast.